Sunday 27 March 2011

Letter

Dear Grandad,
                      This week was an emotional one as you were in our minds as Nana delivered your memory card to us all. You would really appreciate all of the thought that was put into it and you cannot begin to understand how much it means to each of us to have you with us, even if only on paper, with us all the time.
Today Nana came to our house for dinner, I think she goes for dinner almost every week to somebodies house, dont worry we are taking care of her!
While she was here she told us this morning how she saw you coming into the bedroom, which made me think that you are still there in the house with her, which I am grateful for because she misses you terribly, as we all do. I have to apolgise Grandad, I have not been to see you since I came home from mexico, I think I might be a little scared. I know that you never expected me to come home to say goodbye but i sometimes feel a little guilty, I think that might be what is stopping me from going to visit.
I am leaving Ireland on the third of June to move to mexico, I hope you will be proud, the twins are moving too, to London for college and Conor and Audeen are both doing to the leaving cert. I know you were so proud of us all and still are, where ever your are. I felt like writing to you to tell you all the news because this week your presence was felt by all of us, you were in our hearts and heads more than usual.
Oh before I forget, Ciaran is doing well, he is still fighting like a hero and is keeping the chin up and doing himself proud which i know you will be very glad to know. That is all the news for now Grandad, we miss you and we love you and we think of you everyday. Nana is great and we are there for her always.
I miss you Grandad and i love you.

Danielle.

D.Mount

1 comment:

  1. this was a great detail im sure ur grandad will appreciate wherever he is. You are a great grandoughter and just like him Im proud of you.
    I love you.

    ReplyDelete