Saturday 7 May 2011

Once Upon a Time....

Mi amor, today I was asking my Gran so many random questions about how she felt when her daughters introduced their fiancée and their families and so many random things but I decided to ask her about my Granddad Tom. Firstly I asked when how long they were going out before they married she told me that they went out for two years before they married, the started going out in 1958 and married in July 1960.
I was curious as to what people who were going out did in those days as they didn't really have cinema or technology really and there was no entertainment really so grand told me;
"We used to see each other three times a week, on Sundays we went dancing, and on Monday and Wednesday we went or walks in the country"
Then I asked if My Granddad had been romantic and she got all shy and told me;
"Oh yeah, he used to tell me all the time I was beautiful and how lovely I was."
The joy in her face when she told me this made it clear to me that true love never dies. My Granddad tom has been dead now for almost thirty years, more time than my Gran even knew him and my Gran still thinks of him every day, still remembers the days they used to see each other and how romantic he was and how that made her feel.
I was completely enchanted today as my Gran told me her love story and it just made me more certain than ever that I have that with you. True eternal love.
I love you!

D. Mount

1 comment:

  1. Aw mi thingy!!! I love you! and yes we have true love!!!
    its very interesting really mi amor!! haha i never thought about that!!! :P well mi amor! tell her hi next time u talk to romantoc things!! x)

    ReplyDelete