Sunday 27 February 2011

Freedom, Peace & Love



Birds are perhaps the most commonplace thing in nature. We see them constantly in the sky, on the ground, bathing, eating, everywhere we go. Many watch birds as a hobby, and recently I have become a little bit obsessed with this image of three birds.
They first appeared whilst we were at a photography exhibition in Mexico D.F, they were in a room which had a high ceiling white and lime green walls and about the massive window in which you were standing there was an alternative painting of the figure of a young girl with dozens of these birds in flight behind this toddler in a red dress. They were spectacular and I thought they brought such a feeling of artistic freedom.
They then appeared in an image search I did when trying to recreate the image of these birds, since then I have incorporated them into my sketches for our band and when I set up this blog it was one of the first templates which appeared.
Now they have become one of my favourite symbols. For me they symbolise  freedom, the ability to be free and fly to where ever you like and to never be trapped within the cages which society are so desperately trying to get us to fly into! also it represents the freedom our love gives both of us, the feeling of ecstasy when i look in your eyes send me soaring just a bird does, gliding in the wind, free and happy!

I love you, you a re the wind beneath my wings.

D.Mount

2 comments:

  1. Thanks mi amor, I love the meaning u gave to this new symbol, you are very creative and talented... This birds will be in my thoughts now, I just bought the whole idea! haha enerytime i see a bird in the sky I will think of u... now it will be 2 of my favourite things, blue sky, and birds... I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete