Friday 22 January 2016

#tolfotochallenge Day 3: Shoes

by Dani Mc Mahon

25 Day Photography Challenge - Day 3: Shoes

I have this little substance abuse problem...expensive footwear.
-Carrie Bradshaw

A shoe is not only a design, but it's a part of your body language, the way you walk. The way you're going to move is quite dictated by your shoes.
-Christian Louboutin

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.
-Dr. Seuss




Ah shoes. I like shoes, I really like shoes. However, I only like very specific types of shoes. Brown shoes are my favourite. I also like navy. My favourite thing about shoes is that your foot size never changes. I find this fact very comforting. It takes a lot of the stress out of shopping for people like me who are not good at shopping as an activity. 
Pictured are my latest shoes, they are new as I wore my last ones out. I am a creature of habit which means that when I have found a pair of shoes that I like I will wear them to death. On more that one occasion I have been that girl on the train/plane/bus with holes in her shoes, you know the one, because I just cannot bear to throw them away. 
Shoes are our most essential accessory. You can survive without a coat or a bag, without your earrings or rings but shoes are a must. They take us everywhere we need to go. I sometimes think that shoes are not given enough praise. Often times they are just thrown violently into the back of our wardrobe. 
Perhaps we should all take a page out of Carrie Bradshaw's book and appreciate our shoes more. 

Happy Friday!



No comments:

Post a Comment