Friday 29 January 2016

#tolfotochallenge Day 10: Transport

by Dani Mc Mahon

25 Day Photography Challenge - Day 10: Transport

As a child my summer holidays revolved around my bicycle. I am extremely close to my Gran and we used to go cycling every evening. My memories of those evening bike rides are some of the most precious I have ever made. 
I photographed this bicycle, which I spied in a little alleyway, in Rome during the summer. 
There is always something magical about getting onto a bicycle and taking yourself out into the open. The fresh air blows all around you as you venture out into the world, the conductor of your own journey. 
I have always associated cycling with an immense sense of freedom. Growing up in the country-side having a bike was like having an open ticket to explore your surroundings. 
Nowadays my cycling days are few and far between but whenever I get the chance I still get a thrill as I set off on the open road. 


"Bicycle bicycle bicycle
I want to ride my bicycle
I want to ride my bicycle
I want to ride my bike
I want to ride my bicycle
I want to ride it where I like"
                     -Bicycle Race by Queen

#tolfotochallenge #day10 #childhoodmemories #freedom #iwanttoridemybicycle 

No comments:

Post a Comment