Wednesday 3 February 2016

#tolfotochallenge Day 15: Fun

by Dani Mc Mahon

25 Day Photography Challenge - Day 15: Fun

I recently finished reading Lena Dunham's book 'Not That Kind of Girl'. Of course I had heard of Lena before (I feel I can call her by her first name because I have read her book) but I had never seen her work. I wasn't really sure what she actually did.
Nevertheless I picked up her book and bought it, taking a chance and hoping that my purchase would prove successful. It did.
Her book is literally just her as she is, telling the truth about what it is like to grow up as part of our generation. A collection of essays detailing everything from childhood visits to the psychiatrist to awkward sex, Lena does not sugar coat things and I like that frankness.
Having finished the book, feeling as though I was now friends with Lena, I decided it was time to check out her work so I started watching 'Girls'. This series, now in it's fifth season, was written and directed by Lena and she brings that same level of frankness from her book straight into the show. Following the lives of four twenty-somethings living in Brooklyn it is funny in all the right ways while also having the ability to make you cringe and slip into pensive consideration. I have watched around ten episodes in the last couple of days and while they are sometimes very truthful and serious they are also FUN!

#tolfotochallenge #girls #notthatkindofgirl #lenadunham

No comments:

Post a Comment