Sunday 13 March 2016

Gilmore Girls are Go!

by Dani Mc Mahon

Darling people of the blogosphere, I have been shamefully quiet here for the last number of weeks. I can only blame a an all consuming addition to The Gilmore Girls. That is right ladies and gents I have been watching this TV show for the past three weeks non-stop and as I type I am preparing to sit down and take in the very last episode of the final season. I also finished up at my old job and started a new one which has been filling in the gaps between episode...I jest!

I remember watching the first three seasons of The Gilmore Girls when I was younger. It was actually aired on Irish television for a time and then it seemed to fall off the radar, something which happens quite a lot here. I never followed up with it after those three seasons, I was too young to be fully committed to the show and its characters and I didn't have access to a computer and much less to the internet. Recently, I saw a snippet of an episode and decided to catch myself up. The week I made this decision I also heard rumours of Netflix being in talks to release more episode of the hit show so I knew it was a solid idea.

I started from the very beginning, as I have heard it is an excellent please to start (shocking 'Sound of Music' play on words I know!) I was originally watching it by myself and then my lovely wife joined in too. Like me, she had seen the first couple of seasons and wanted to know how it had all turned out and so started watching it with me. The past two weeks have literally consisted of nothing other than work and The Gilmore Girls.

Today we are finishing the seventh season and I can feel the withdrawal symptoms coming on even now. What will I do with all of the free time once it is over? I suppose I could get back to living my normal life, blogging, reading and exercising have all been reducing drastically in importance over the past number of weeks so I am looking forward to getting back to all of those things but how will we survive without our daily dose of Stars Hollow?
Stay tuned and I will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment