Thursday 17 March 2016

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

by Dani Mc Mahon



I am not a huge fan of the St. Patrick's day and the festivities which it entails but the idea of celebrating our little country is a nice one.
Since I was a child I always found the day to be messy and too much fuss and the whole having to dress in green thing always drove me insane! This St. Patrick's day I am relaxing at home, listening to all of the fanfare outside as people celebrate, drink and be merry.
Being Irish is something unique, an identity which I think brings us all closer, no matter where we find ourselves in the world. Wherever you may be you are sure to find somebody who has at least a drop of Irish blood and they are always willing to welcome you.
The emerald isle has its drawbacks, sure, but on a day like today with the sun shining and clear blue skies as far as the eye can see it is definitely a day to celebrate our Irish heritage and feel proud!

I found this really nice post on Buzzed earlier and thought it was perfect for sharing on the day that is in it  :)

Beautiful Irish Language Words Everyone Needs

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment