Thursday 5 November 2015

30 Day Blog Challenge - Day 17: Autumnal favourites.

by Dani Mc Mahon



Autumn and winter have always been my favourite seasons. There is something so cosy and warm about them. Being indoors while the elements rage outside fills me with a kind of peace and reassurance. To get me through autumn and into winter here are a few of my favourite things:

Clothing: summer clothing has never been my thing. I love all things warm and long sleeved. My autumnal clothing favourites are simple yet essential. My navy coat keeps out the wind, rain and looks amazing too. Coupled with my plaid scarf and quite often wellie boots (this is Ireland after all) they are the staple of my autumnal wardrobe. Oh, and don't forget the fluffy socks!


Drinks: you cannot beat a cup of Irish tea on an autumn evening, it gives that sense of homeliness and warmth. When I am out my preferences are a misty chai latte or vanilla rooibos tea. Hot beverages are the saviour of autumn as the air becomes crisp.

Movies: the summer is a time to be outside, the evenings are bright and there are usually so many things going on. Autumn is cooler and darker. Leaving your house and your fluffy socks does not seem so appealing but sitting in to watch a good movie does. My ultimate autumn movies which I could watch time and time again are:



(don't judge me, I love a good romantic comedy!)

Books: this list changes a lot depending on my mood but if you have time on your hands these books will go down a treat with a cuppa by the fire:


And there you have it, some of my autumnal favourites, what are yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment